Sunday, March 5, 2006

INSOMNIA

It is after 1 a.m. and I am still awake.  I have just indulged in my favorite midnight snack of beer and chocolate for lack of anything better to do and now on top of the insomnia I think I'm wired on caffeine.  What to do.... what to do......

I should go to bed, I should have gone a long time ago, but then I'll just lie awake for hours listening to Dickidoo snore, and that just makes me mad.  Don't get me wrong, his snoring doesn't make me mad... its the fact that he can sleep while I can't that irritates me. 

I could poke his ribs.  That always makes him snort and shut up for a while.  Sometimes he'll even try to speak, but he isn't awake so he sounds like a Neanderthal.  That won't help me sleep, but its always entertaining. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry you couldn't sleep, I get like that to many times and can't stand it. Often I go to the computer too.  I hate that.

Anonymous said...

I have no problems getting to sleep, it is the stay asleep that I have problems with!
Becky

Anonymous said...

I am bless with no problo of going to sleep. Sorry for your troubles, but the beer and choc sounds good. How much sweets did you eat anyway?

Brenda

Anonymous said...

I hate that my hubby can sleep through anything... even me poking him too.  

I hope you aren't too tired today!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

I'm the one who can't stay consious in our house....and I'm grateful for it.

I would think beer and chocolate would just about balance each other out!

Anonymous said...

LOL OMG You sound like you're describing any typical night here at my house! I always am up with insomnia attacks, so I get mad at my husband because he CAN sleep. He snores like a darn buzz saw and I can't hear the tv, so I tickle his foot or poke him and he snorts and does the half-awake Neanderthal talk too...it sounds like "huh na ma huh nuh muh" LOL! You are too funny!

~ Susan