Friday, March 17, 2006

LUCK OF THE IRISH... (or not!)

HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY!

I might not be Irish, but this is such a fun little holiday.  The kids are all dressed in green to avoid pinches.  Tonight we, along with millions of other people across the globe, will be dining on corned beef and cabbage.  That should make for a fragrant day tomorrow.  It shouldn't come as any surprise that March 18th is the unofficial International Day of Flatulence.  (care to guess the REAL culprit behind the hole in the ozone layer?)

This was the last morning of my 'single parent' stint, and the Oompas decided that now was the perfect time for their grand finale type show down.  Art and Rocky were at it almost from the moment they rolled out of bed.  The only thing that kept them from joining the heads on the Dead Room wall was the fact that I had already consumed one cup of coffee and was working on my second.  They have both lost their computer and gaming privileges for the day.  Dickidoo should be home this evening.  I shall relinquish custody to him at that time.

Speaking of Dickidoo... he is due in some time today.  Unfortunately he neglected to give me any flight information, flight number, arrival time... you know... minor stuff like that... so he either better find the time to contact me sometime during his lay overs or he's going to have a long walk home from the airport.  And my baby better be fully charged and ready to go because I'm in the mood for some picture taking! 

There was an email waiting this morning from Gabe.  He wanted us to know that he was safe, and that he might be coming home on leave a little earlier than originally planned.  Woo Hoo x2!  And guess what?  That means I'll get to see Little Zachary sooner as well!  Make that Woo Hoo³!  I'd be walking on air right now if I weren't so heavy!

Like my Diddls?  There's more here: DIDDLWORLD

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? You're not Irish?!  Wow.. I coulda swore you were!  

Hooray! so when is Gabe comin' home???  

Anonymous said...

Happy St. Paddy's Day!!! Hope your baby makes it home safe!


Brenda

Anonymous said...

Looked at Diddleworld....ya, ya, But I don't read german! heheh

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Gabe!!!!  :-) LOL

Anonymous said...

Happy St Patricks Day to you and yours

Deb

Anonymous said...

Dickidoo is coming home yeah. Yep can't wait to see the pictures you are going to take. Good that gabe might be coming home early.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated St. Pat's! ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies