Saturday, October 9, 2004

THE DEBATE, Tobacco Sauce and Potpourri

Last night we spent the night at Bennigans in celebration of Gabe's leaving for Basic Training... he leaves Tuesday morning and we had some friends join us for a little get-together.  One of the waitresses made a Taz balloon hat for him and he good naturedly wore it all through the night.  When we returned home we watched reruns of the debate.  Did you know that there was a red line drawn on the red carpet that the candidates were forbidden from crossing?  I find that halarious.  However, maybe a shock collar would be more effective.  There were a couple of times when it looked like the candidates might cross the line, and they always looked down, then backed up.  But if they really wanted to, there was nothing that would stop either one from just pounding their opinion into their opponent's face.  There fore, I propose shock collars for Wednesday night's debate... one step out of line, one twitch off topic and ZAP! 

I got a message from Rocky's principal.  Apparently the school cannot accept food donations for the cafeteria for health reasons and other redtape mumbo-jumbo.  The 'quality condiments' will be returned to us.  Rocky is okay with it though, she's just tickled that her petition was taken seriously.  She was explaining the whole situation to my friend last night and said that she and her friends had petitioned for the school to start offering 'Tobacco Sauce' in the cafeteria.  I had to laugh because when Gabe was a tiny one he had grabbed a cup full of spit from one of his daddy's tobacco chewing friends and took a huge swig before we could stop him.  The gross part is... he wanted more!  That child still has a cast iron gullet to this day!

Dickidoo had french onion soup for supper last night.  He decided to share it with us this morning.  When I complained, he defended it by calling it 'potpourri'.  Hah!  More like 'poo-poo-ri'!  Its just 'ewwwwwwwwww!

Special thanks to Glopsblink for sending me the blinkie:  Sunny's Blinkies

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

HANDSOME SON THERE DORN........DID I MENTION MY DAUGHTER IS VERY PRETTY <WINK><WINK>........OH, SORRY, OFF TOPIC.............SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A GOOD TIME.  LOVE THE TAZ HAT..............(WHERE IS MY STRAIGHT PIN?)

I WAS AFRAID THAT WOULD HAPPEN WITH THE "QUALITY CONDIMENTS".  MOST SCHOOLS THESE DAYS WILL NOT ACCEPT FOOD FROM OUTSIDE SOURCES.  BUT I AM SO GLAD THAT ROCKY TOOK THE INITIATIVE TO DO SOMETHING POSITIVE.  

I ACTUALLY WATCHED PART OF THE DEBATE LAST NIGHT, BUT THOUGH I AM SORTA TEETERING ON THE BUSH SIDE OF THE FENCE, I JUST CANNOT WATCH THAT MAN SPEAK.  IT IS NOT HIS FORTE. I HAVE TO ADMIT THOUGH THAT HE WAS A BIT AGGRESSIVE LAST NIGHT.  I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THE RED LINE.  NOW I KNOW WHY THEY LOOKED DOWN AT THEIR FEET ALOT.  

WHEN I SAW THE TITLE OF THIS ENTRY, I THOUGHT YOU HAD MISSPELLED TOBASCO.  AFTER READING YOUR ENTRY, I TURNED GREEN.  AFTER NOT DATING FOR 14 YEARS, I MET A NICE MAN ONLINE AND WE DATED FOR ABOUT A YEAR ON AND OFF.  WHEN WE FIRST MET, I DIDN'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT HIM OTHER THAN HE WAS A CHRISTIAN.  HE TOOK ME OUT TO EAT, AND WE BROUGHT OUR DRINKS BACK FROM THE RESTAURANT IN LARGE PLASTIC CUPS WITH LIDS AND STRAWS.  I WAS SO THIRSTY, I COULDN'T STAND IT THAT HE HAD SOME DRINK LEFT IN HIS, AND MINE WAS EMPTY.  I THOUGHT HOW COOL IT WOULD BE FOR HIM TO SHARE.  HE NEVER DID.  SO WHEN I GOT UP TO PUT HIS CUP IN THE FRIDGE TO SAVE FOR LATER, I TOOK A REALLY BIG SWIG........ AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN QUITE RIGHT SINCE.  IT WAS ALL TOBACCO JUICE WHERE HE HAD BEEN SPITTING IT DOWN THE STRAW.......EWWWWWWWW.  I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HE CHEWED...........GOTTA GO, FEEL SOMETHING EASING UP MY ESOPHAGUS.........

BLESSINGS, REGINA

http://journals.aol.com/wumzels2/SEDUCTIONOFLIFE

Anonymous said...

Hi there...please wish Gabe a fond goodbye and wishing basic goes easy for him. Great entry..I can see the candidates doing the head flinch every time the invisible fence would zap them.  Too bad they are not given truth serum before each event...LOL...Sandi..http://journals.aol.com/sdoscher458/LifeIsFullOfSurprises

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got tot have a night out with your son, before he leaves. I konw you will worry about him. We will pray for him everyday.
R.C.

Anonymous said...

EEEEEWWWWWW!!!  Two of my partners dip - tobacco, and I am at war with them for leaving cups all over the place, and worse yet, leaving rivers of spit down the side of my patrol car!!!

Kasey

http://journals.aol.com/ikoiko33/TheReturnofKaseypalooza

Anonymous said...

Ok, you and wumzy have made me sick...ugh

Give Gabe a big goodbye hug from us all Dorn

Lahoma

Anonymous said...

Hi! Hope you are having a great weekend. I will be praying for Gabe and your family. May God watch over him. He's a brave young man. God bless, Beckie

Anonymous said...

Dorn, like Lahoma said.. Give Gabe a big hug from us... and.. and,, tell him to write and call when he can so we won't worry so much :).
<sniff> I need a tissue now.. I am even going to miss Gabe!
~Tasia

Anonymous said...

LOL, Note to self, try not to get sick reading others comments....lolol.

Dorn, God Bless Gabe and your Family...Your in our Prayers! ((((((((Hugs))))))))

Mish

Anonymous said...

Hahaha..I like that hat!!! And it's PINK too!!!

Smiles!
Vincci

Anonymous said...

Hi,  I've never been to your journal before ... but, I've just found a new favorite journal. :-)  I enjoyed reading your entries and I simply LOVE the idea of the shock collars for the canidates.  What branch of the military is Gabe heading to?  I have two sons who have completed basic training for the US Navy.  I gave the address in my journal and they got several cards of encouragement. :-)  The boys get so lonely and homesick during the early part of basic.  I wish Gabe the best which ever branch he is serving.

Monica, who is commenting from work and can't be held liable for the jibberish I may have written or any misspellings.
http://journals.aol.com/sonensmilinmon/SmilinMonsAdventures/

Anonymous said...

Love your Journal! Very funny...tobacco sauce! Good luck to Gabe.
http://journals.aol.com/tdavis4900/BoxsterRant/
Cheers, BoxsterBabe

Anonymous said...

awww, great photo, and he wore it too! LOL
that stinks about your food donation, sheesh!  I'm sure the bottles were sealed and all, what's the big deal?  Oh well, it was still a wonderful gesture.  I'm thinking instead of a shock collar, what a about one in their pants, how funny would that be when they got zapped, LOL!
~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

Anonymous said...

Nasttyyyyyy...oh and good luck to Gabester :)