Monday, October 4, 2004

DOUBLE CELEBRATION

    Denver 16 Tampa Bay 13  

Missed the game again.  I think Bronco games should be declared State Holidays in Colorado.  I don't need to be running around at work serving disloyal residents who should be at home or at the game rooting their team on ... if they want to be out and about instead of supporting the Broncos, heck, take over for me and I'll go watch the game!  Goodness knows I have better things to do... I could have been home eatting guacamole and salsa with chips while cheering on Plummer and the gang... but NO... I had to go in to work and WORK!  Oh well, at least they were able to win, despite the lack of support from their ungrateful home state.  Whooo Hoooo Broncos !

The kids were debating about the presidential candidates this morning.  Sometimes I'll participate, but this morning I just listened.  Becca, who had been a solid anti-Bush person was now starting to move in his favor and her brother called her on it.  She stated that she still didn't like Bush, he was just better than Kerry.  Its neat listening to them because I know for a fact that I didn't gave one rat's turd about politics when I was their age.  Funny point:  Art mentioned that Clinton wasn't that bad a president because he had sex in the Oval Office, which was awesome.  Hahahahaha!  Silly children!  They have so much to learn.  Having sex in the Oval Office and then getting busted and having the whole affair plastered on every newspaper in the free world is embarassing, not awesome....  And if you're going to be dumb enough to get caught, you better hope its the First Lady down under that desk.  Or at least make sure that your partner isn't the kind to keep souveniers.  "Oh look what I have from my visit with the President.... no, not the dress silly, that crusty stuff right there!"  (I can say that here cos it's not like they were having sexual relations or anything like that.)

Becca got a bike for her birthday, and decided to ride it around the neighborhood instead of doing the dishes for her birthday.  We took her to a Chinese buffet that had all-u-can-eat sushi... how cool is that!  And then we came back and finished the celebration with a candle-topped pumpkin pie.  I was still so full from the sushi and crablegs but I forced the pie down.  It was hard, and I finally had to lay down the fork and set the last few bites down... I thought I was going to pop, there was no way I was going to get another bite in.  I don't know how those kids do it... they eat and eat and eat... and they stay skinny!  I have never been able to do that... I eat a little, get full fast and get fat, whats up with that!

NFL graphics provided by: Mahuffers

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU SHOULD BE A COMEDIENNE DORN. I SWEAR EVERYTIME I COME HERE I LAUGH TIL MY SIDES ACHE. LOL!
I DIDNT CARE ANYTHING ABOUT POLITICS WHEN I WAS GROWING UP EITHER, BUT IT IS NICE TO HEAR THE CHILDREN TALKING AND DEBATING ABOUT IT. :)
KIM.

Anonymous said...

I think I would have rode my bike instead of doing the dishes on my birthday is I was given a choice. LOL
R.C.

Anonymous said...

Dang people anyway.  Why does everyone think we should have to work all the time?  I too have loads better things to do than WORK.  *sigh*  They just don't understand!

Sammie
http://journals.aol.com/ladydriversammie/MovinOn

Anonymous said...

i was a devote BUCS fan- but when Gruden took over....  yes, they won the super bowl and all....  but then he cut all the players that i had grown to love.... so now i root for the broncos because of my dear john lynch...  he's a sweetheart!! and one heck of a player.  have a good day!   rachel

Anonymous said...

Hey Dorn, not a football fan (go Bears, GO!!!  People here in Wisconsin hate it when I go for the Packers greatest enemy, tehehe, naughty little me. That's the only time I root for a team) but where'd you get the graphics? If it's a site I haven't encountered (for graphics) before I'd like to add it to my animaitions links journal.

Anyway, not much to say (the 5 year old on a training motorcycle sounds so cute), happy b-day to your daugher and blessings. :D

http://journals.aol.com/glopsblink/ATreasureTroveofGoodies
http://journals.aol.com/glopsblink/AnimationsLinks

Anonymous said...

Go Broncos! Yes!
~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl