Tuesday, October 26, 2004

IN MOURNING....and a Halloween story

The Broncos lost.  How could they lose? I'll tell you how they could lose.... they couldn't catch the stupid ball!  Oh my gosh, I couldn't believe the butterfingers... the 'oopsies'... all throughout the game!  To their credit though... the Bengals had an awesome defensive line.  Those guys were like an orange and black striped wall every time the Broncos tried to get through.  It just didn't happen.  And I got to watch it all!  The first game that I got to watch in a few weeks... and Denver got creamed by Cinncinati...  I guess it could have been worse... NO, not really, 23-10, it couldn't have gotten too much worse than that.  Its probably all my fault, I didn't wear my lucky Broncos tee-shirt.Oh well, 5-2 is still good and there is always next week.  And I'll pick-up some lucky Bronco boxers to wear just for added support.  I just hope I don't scare the trick-or-treaters away with my total-Bronco outfit.  Oh, and just a funny little story.... Becca was doing her homework and setting up my zombies for the 13 days of Halloween... and she needed some help with a word-find puzzle.  She made some age-specific insult towards me and I challenged that this old lady could find the word in less than a minute.  I found it in 20 seconds.  Becca's payment... she had to root for the Broncos for the rest of the game.  She is NOT a loyal Bronco's fan, so it almost killed her to say 'Bronco's Rule', and perhaps her insincerity is what cost us the game... who knows... but it was still funny to see her squirm!

Now.... for a funny Halloween story.  At least I think its funny.... It was our first Halloween here at this house.  Steve had been successful while elk hunting earlier in the day and we were in a great mood.  We hung the elk in the garage and got ready for the trick-or-treaters.  It was about 7 o'clock when this boy came up to the house, then stopped dead in his tracks.  I greeted him but he wouldn't move.  He was staring at the garage.  I called him over to get some cider and candy, but he wouldn't budge.  Finally he looked at me with this terrified look onhis face and he backed away, then ran as fast as he could from the house.  I was puzzled so I went to see what he was staring at. Because it was so cold outside we were able to skin and hang the elk carcass in the garage rather than pay for it to be hung at the butchers.  The temperature dipped real low and it was warmer in the garage than it was outside so Steve opened the garage door to let the cold air in to circulate around the hanging meat and he had forgotten to shut the garage door before leaving to take our kids around the neighborhood.  That poor boy had seen the skinned elk carcass hanging from our garage rafters and I just know he thought we were right out of the movie Texas Chainsaw Massacre!  Oh the look on that poor kid's face!  I've never seen him around since.  I hope we didn't scare him vegetarian!  And yes, we are always very careful not to leave the garage door open when we have our dinner hanging in there from then on.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great entry. Sorry about the Broncos. Maybe they were just having a bad night.
Note to self " never leave garage door open if you have a carcass hanging in it. LOL. I don't think I have to worry about that we don't even have trick or treaters. I have never figured out why, we just don't .
R.C.

Anonymous said...

DAm they were supposed to win.

Anonymous said...

<LOL> Poor kid... making mental note not to leave freshly dead carcass hanging in garage with door open... oh wait, we don't have a garage, we live in an apartment, so that's o.k. then, no worries!

Anonymous said...

No! First the yankees lose and now the Broncos?  That's it, no more sports for me!
~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

Anonymous said...

That scares me just hearing about it!!!!

By the way... LOVE the halloween graphic "song".  Good job.  No longer in need of "blinkies" are you?!

angie

Anonymous said...

i watched some of it... and when the bengals were picking up steam-  i didn't wanna watch anymore...  but as i am sure i have told you before....  my man is john lynch...  he was my man here in Tampa.....  and since TampaBay is now the Raider's *due to our Radier coach Jon Gruden* I am not rooting for John Lynch and the Philadelphia Eagles. I am sorry about the loss....  but did you see Lynch in those pants???   mmm mmm mmmm.....   rachel  

Anonymous said...

LOL I think I would have had a story nearly like that if only our hunting season wasn't until after Halloween for deer. My father butchers his own and anyone of his friends that don't want to do it for some extra deer meat. Its the best way to go.