Thursday, October 21, 2004

VOICE MESSAGES, the principal and mowing my legs.

I paid my cell phone bill.  I was wrong, I am no longer rich.  Oh well, thats okay.  I screened the messages on Gabe's phone.  They made me cry.  So many people love and miss my boy and its only been a week.  I don't think anyone misses him more than me.  I haven't spoken to him for a couple of days.  Its killing me.  We went days without speaking when he had his own apartment, but that was different.  I knew I could go to him if he needed me, all he had to do was call.  Now he can't call.  I swear to goodness I'll knock the socks off of those guys at Fort Knox if anything bad happens to him!  Okay... okay, I'm alright.  Just a little nervous.  I'll be okay, he'll be okay.  Phew.... I just needed to get that out of my system.

I went to Rocky's conference.  Steve gave me a message for the principal 'Tell him I got his message but that you'll take care of it'.  What a chicken!  So anyhow, I tip-toed past the principal's office.  I just waved at the secretary, who greeted me by name... I wanted to gag her!  We made it to the class and waited in the hall for our appointment... and guess who comes walking over... yep, the Principal!  And he has my letter, with a little yellow post-it note on it.  I felt like a little girl in grade school again and I swung my feet back and forth nervously.  And then he thanked me!  He explained why the school couldn't accept the donations for the cafeteria because of legalities... but suggested that maybe we could donate the quality condiments to the PTO for their pot-luck dinners.  And he praised Rocky and her friends for the mature manner in which they dealt with the whole matter.  And I just wanted to bawl with pride.  Yep, thats my girl!

I broke out the weed-whacker and mowed my legs again.  I used that Rich Cocoa gel since I was out of shaving gel.  I'm going to turn into a pervert, that stuff smells so good I'm tempted to eat myself!  I'm telling you folks, try it.  Or better yet, have your significant other try it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The principal said something nice about your kid?!?!....I have never had that happen LOL....Usually all I get is Richard is disrupting the class....Celia is not going to Class....Walter won't sit down.....and the list goes on and on........

My proudest moment with my daughter in school was when she got suspended for heckling the school superintendent at a televised meeting with the IN DEPTH students  over the cut in funding to the special ed classes (her brothers have asperger's autism).  All the news said is that an unidentified student had to be removed from the assembly......LOL  That's my girl!

My boys...well I am kind of proud of their pranks and jokes....LOL...they got that way naturally......

Anonymous said...

Rich Cocoa gel?  What is that?  Give MORE details this sick perverted woman wants to know.  ;-)

Glad you got that out of your system about your son in basic ... I felt the same way!  

Monica
http://journals.aol.com/sonensmilinmon/SmilinMonsAdventures/
http://journals.aol.com/sonensmilinmon/MamarazziInAction

Anonymous said...

Rich Cocoa gel... I wonder if that's like the stuff a friend of mine has. Two years ago her boyfriend at the time gave her a day at the spa. See, she Looooves chocolate. We were scheduled to be in Hershey, PA, and he found out about a spa that does everything with chocolate <g>. Chocolate facials, chocolate wraps, you get the picture. Anyway, she came home with some chocolate products, one of which was a shower gel. She used to laugh and say that she would try to get him to shower with it!

Anonymous said...

I can't even imagine having any of my babies that far away under someone else's control and not being able to pick up the phone, but you know you have one hell of a young man out there, doing is family and his country proud! God Bless you and yours Dorn!

Anonymous said...

I FELT SO SAD FOR YOU WHEN I READ HERE THAT YOU WERE CRYING OVER YOUR SON.......YOU HAVE RAISED A GREAT SON WHO IS OUT THERE DOING YOU AND OUR COUNTRY PROUD AND I KNOW ITS HARD FOR YOU, BUT HES GONNA BE FINE. I FEEL SORRY FOR THEM IF HE ISNT, LOL!
ROCKY DID YOU PROUD TOO, THATS SO NEAT! LIKE I HAVE ALWAYS THOUGHT, THAT CHILD IS A "MINI ME" OF YOU.:)
KIM.

Anonymous said...

I got lost somewhere in JLand...glad I followed the breadcrumbs back here <whew>

xoxoxoxo

andi