Wednesday, October 20, 2004

I'M IN THE MONEY! and winter sucks!

I just checked my bank account.  I still have money in my checking account.  I'm still in the green.  I still have money in my savings account too.  And guess what?  My new account... has a balance as well!  Tomorrow is payday, and there is still money in all of my accounts!  I even gave my husband some money, and filled up the truck and car tanks!  How the heck did that happen?  That never happens!  Oh yeah, thats right... I didn't pay the cell phone bill.  Well, tomorrow is payday... and after the cell phone bill, I'll be RICH!  Not really, but I will still be 'richer' than I'm used to, especially since I just filled up the vehicles and won't have to worry about that for a while.  Time to start Christmas shopping.  You'd think with as many people as I have in my family I'd start my X-mas shopping on December 26th.... Maybe one year I will get it together.  But its too late for this year.  But thats okay, because I'm RICH! (er).

Hopefully we'll be in Kentucky for Gabe's graduation from Basic in mid December.  And hopefully he'll be able to spend one more Christmas with us.  I've already cleared it with my boss and they are letting me take a few days off to go to the graduation, even though I can't give them an exact date just yet.  How cool is that!  That is also about the time the baby is due.  I've made up my mind, I'm going to start stashing baby stuff in a closet... just in case 'K' tries to contact us.  Oh I hope she does. 

There's snow on the mountains.  I can actually see white on Pikes Peak as I drive to work.  I love this time of year, I truly do.  The falling leaves, the nippy air, the smell of a toasty fire in the fireplace, the sweet taste of apple cider.... the frozen floor under my bare feet in the morning, the heater that either won't kick on or won't shut off, the frozen snot tickling my nostrils, scraping the 1/2 inch thick frost off the windshield in the morning when I'm already running late, the ice cold steering wheel and no gloves, not even mismatched ones, to keep your hands warm while driving, the 24-7 goose-bumps, the cold toilet seat.... wait a minute... I don't like where this is going.... Winter sucks!  Piling coats up against the door to keep the draft from blowing in under the cracks, the static in the house that zaps you when you least expect it... hey wait, that should be in the fun section.... when you slide your stocking feet just right and then tap someone just right... ZAP!... writing messages in the frost on the windows, picking icicles off the roof to lick like a lollipop,  week-end family cuddle-ups in the biggest, warmest bed with 'remember when' stories.  Oh yes, I LOVE the winter.

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes Winter is the season I love and hate at the same time. I can relate to the 1/2 inch frost scraping and running late.

Anonymous said...

I remember my son's basic training graduation almost 20 years ago.  What struck me most was how YOUNG those boys were, and that's when it hit me that all our wars have been fought by kids.
http://journals.aol.com/mosie1944/MYCOUNTRYLIFE

Anonymous said...

I love your description of winter....I still have the airconditioner on...Bahhumbug.. Blow some of that cold air over here....yeah south pleassse Sandi..

Anonymous said...

That is how I know I have forgotten to pay a bill, when there is still a positive balance in my accounts!

Anonymous said...

Gabe must be in Ft. Knox. Sammie's dad went to basic there.
R.C.

Anonymous said...

i have to confess that it confuses me when i have money in my checking account .. i used to get all excited until i realized it just meant i forgot to pay a bill .. i try not to get excited about it anymore lol
pamela