Sunday, October 17, 2004

WHERE'S MY SPIDER? and Throat Floss

There's only one thing worse than hearing 'Hey look at my black widow' in your house, and that is hearing 'Hey where's my black widow!'.  The only thing worse than seeing a black widow is NOT seeing it when you know it should be there.  When Art discovered that his spider was not where it was supposed to be I went into instant panic.  But all was well, he found the jar, lid in place and spider inside'r.  Thank goodness tomorrow is Monday, I've already had more than enough of that spider.

The girls came into the kitchen to help with supper last night.  We always have such a fun time cooking as a family.  Last night was spaghetti!  And of course, being Okinawan I had to use the ancient Italian Spaghetti Done-ness Test, flinging a noodle to the ceiling and if it sticks, its done.  After about 15 tries the noodles finally stuck and I drained the pot.  Rocky came up behind me and said 'Look Mom'.  Now I've lived with that child for 10 years now and should have known better than to look when she calls, but noooooo, I had to turn and look.  She had a little piece of spaghetti noodle sticking out of her mouth.  Then she smiled, opened her mouth and pulled the whole noodle out of her throat!  Aghhhhh! GROSS!  I thoroughly scolded her, which was wasted because she was laughing so hard, and Becca tried to apologize for teaching her the 'Throat Floss' trick, but the sincerity was lost because she too was laughing.  These are to be the mothers of my future grand children!  What have I done!  I have to admit though, that was good!  Throat floss.... hahahaha!

Black widow graphic: http://www.calpoison.org/public/spiders.html

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds as if your girls inherited your sense of humor.  Throat floss - LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

LMAOSH . . . MOM DAT WAZ PHUNY HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE . AND I HELP A.L.N GET DAT SPIDER SOOOOOOOOOO .UMMMMMMMMMMM HMMMMM WOULD DAT COUNT ME WIT DA SPIDER INCODINT . HEHE

Anonymous said...

FLINGING NOODLES!! LMAO! THAT MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD. YOU ARE A NUT DORN, AND THAT ROCKY IS JUST LIKE YOU. FUTURE MOMMYS? IF THEY ARE LIKE YOU AS A MOTHER, THEIR CHILDREN ARE GOING TO GROW UP VERY HAPPY!NOT TO MENTION, WELL ADJUSTED!
KIM.

Anonymous said...

here's ya a black widow...lol
http://journals.aol.com/cathy0o0/AnythingGoes/entries/1324
have a look...

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO...just be grateful it wasn't nose floss!

Anonymous said...

LMAO! Kids are so great! Just think of how many stories you can keep your Grandkids occupied with. Oh, and my mother always told me when I was up to orneryness,that I would get it all back twice fold when I had kids! Just imagine how fun holidays will be at your house! Just don't serve spaghetti!

Anonymous said...

Oh I hate spiders...rather touch a rat...kids will get you every time....I love the test of throwing it up and seeing if it sticks..LOL.....Sandi http://journals.aol.com/sdoscher458/LifeIsFullOfSurprises