Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Another Day Off

This is my namesake... my coffee stein, which just happened to be on my desk the day I was attempting to establish a screen-name for AOL.  When my hundreds of first choices all came up as taken I began to get desperate... and sarcastic!  I even tried 'PurpleHippoSnot' and believe it or not, it was also taken (thank goodness, otherwise you'd be addressing "PurpleHippoSnot, President of the Dust Bunny Club of North America.."  Not quite as catchy as Dornbrau).  Anyhow, I was about to give up when I typed in that 8 letter combination, and bingo!  Sooooo, nope, its not my real name, and nope, I don't even like the beer.

Got some major dishpan hands today, with the Dirty Dish Fairy recently deceased (or maybe she defected... that is a possibility).  I hate doing house work on my day off, but nothing gets done when I'm at work so its now or never.  I took a break to re-new my drivers license.  It should arrive in the mail in a week or two.  I checked the expiration date, its good through 2014.  That means if its a gross picture (I'm sure the license photograpers are also the same people who do the mug shots)... I'm stuck with it for 10 years.  I went on a crash diet and took 5 pounds off before I filled in my weight... what!?  Its not like I'm going to be the same weight for the next 10 years anyway, right?  I'm just glad they only ask for my height and not my width!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you didn't get purplehipposnot too! lol  I love your journal entries.  They truly are a highlight of my day.  I always get a smile.  Have a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

Dornbrau is a beer?! Well! Ya learn something new every day... -B

Anonymous said...

LOL, I hate trying to pic a screen name!!! All the good ones are taken. Ya...I'm on a crash diet right now, that south beach one works like a charm! I actually lost 9 lbs in 9 days....of course now I have bald spots....but that's another story

Anonymous said...

OHHHHH!!!!!  Now I get it.  I couldn't for the life of me figure out how you got that name.  Jody/dorn  Jody/brau... ????  Okay I get it... maybe I can sleep now.

angie

Anonymous said...

personally, love the name dornbrau...although purplehipposnot is quite unique in its own....disturbing....way  ;o) c

Anonymous said...

LMAO just think if it is that bad you can always say you lost it. lol. Mine is awful I was about 10 pounds heavier but thank goodness I have recently moved and had a name change I have a reason to get mine renewed.
Missy

Anonymous said...

Cincinnati is a German city, so there are Dornbraus around here. (we live directly across the river from Cincinnati on the Kentucky side of the river). But somehow, you don't quite fit the overfed Aryan weiner-muching look.  I was wondering where the name came from.
You are so beautiful in the above shirt..DH must be blind.
I kind of like purple hippo snot, myself. We just had to go through several choices before coming up with my daughters 'screen names..it was quite challenging.
love, Kas

Anonymous said...

I found a neat way of creating my screen name as well. You can see it in my Main Journals Page at http://journals.aol.com/glopsblink/JournalRulesTheBirthofGlopsblink

God Bless. :D

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is absolutely hilarious.  I thought that was your real last name.  I tried so many times that I ended up using my real name.  So much for annonymity, lol.
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Hmm..bet ya can't guess what mine means! ;)