Saturday, June 5, 2004

The Birds and the Bees

I posted this on my other journal, Treestand ramlin' (and other tall tales) but thought I'd post it here as well in tribute to my husband with Father's Day right around the corner.

The Birds and the Bees talk

My husband and I knew there would come a day when the kids would inquire about the birds and the bees, so we came to an agreement.  He would handle the boys and I would take care of the girls.  Sooooo, when my oldest boy, who was about 6 or 7 at the time, asked what the difference between a boy deer and a girl deer was, naturally I sent him to ask his father.  And this is what Daddy had to say:

"Well son, you see, the boy deer has antlers, and the girl deer doesn't"

End of discussion.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There must be some sort of Class for guys to take before they're fathers that teaches that speech....

Lester said the following to Jonathan.... "See How Max's ears are longer than Candy's (the dogs)... that's the difference..."

Aren't they great?  What would we do without them?
angie

Anonymous said...

LMAO that was just too easy!!

Anonymous said...

That was a great laugh for me at least.  I'm having mother -in -law problems she sucks.  I have a little girl so I guess it will be my job to explain the birds and the bees.  Since my husband doesn't even want to help me watch her now.  But anyway thanks for the laugh.            Dani

Anonymous said...

Now, at my house they've grown up watching animals mate ,so there is no great mystery.  But when I told my oldest daughter Mandy how babies were made, she touched my arm in sympathy and said, "I  can see why you adopted me!"  ROFL