Thursday, June 24, 2004

IN THE BEGINNING

PreviewIn the beginning, when the world was flat and so was my stomach... I bought this beautiful striped shirt with denim trim and a little tie-back to pull the front of the shirt snug and fitted against my chest.  I had to hang that shirt up in the back of my closet a few years ago because of a button issue.... they wouldn't reach the buttonholes when I tried to put it on. 

(my buttons trying hard to stay in the buttonholes by this afternoon)

Well, with all my clothes being held for ransom in the laundry pile by the striking Laundry Fairies (commies!),  I had to resort to rummaging through my closet to find something appropriate for work, and there was my blouse, shining like the golden grail... okay, not quite, but it was calling out to me... 'Put me on!', so I did, all the while holding my breath.  I pulled the sides together and lo and behold the buttons reached the button holes.  And when I released my breath none of the buttons shot off!  It fit!  Oh my gosh, it fit!  Okay, now maybe the reason it fit is because my 'chest' no longer sticks straight out, but who cares, my favorite blouse fits!  Yahoo!  Life is good!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehehe YAY!! Dorn!!!

Anonymous said...

You had me laughing out loud at "so was my stomach" LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

AHHHH.. I hate button shirts!!! They never really fit people's bodies, only the sooper skinny freaks!!! Nothing against skinny people. : (

Well at least you had a flat stomach before : ) I never had that...always a lil puff.

Great entry!

Smiles!
Vincci

Anonymous said...

You lucky thing.

Not only can you wear clothes... you have clothes.

My closet is so empty that it echos in there.  I need a shopping spree!

angie

Anonymous said...

There's a terrific, funny book I read recently called "The Revenge of the Middle-Aged Wife", but I can't for the life of me remember the author's name. The gal got so skinny after she found out about her husband's affair that she turned into a real beauty... I do think that losing weight is one of the few great by-products of feeling rejected and having your heart broken. The first guy who broke my heart many moons ago, ran into me a few months after the jerk dumped me.  He said, My God, Maryanne, I never knew you had such gorgeous cheekbones! I won't repeat what I said back, but it was a tiny moment of revenge for me.
If you want to read something hysterically funny about middle-aged husbands, infidelity, and a chick with a helluva sense of humor through it all, read "How to Cook a Tart". by Nina Killham. I LMAO.

Maryanne

Anonymous said...

Ah...I have some choice outfits I would love to fit me again. I can always dream.
-B

Anonymous said...

I just stopped by to see if you had a new entry up & saw that you added the pic. Dorn, you are GORGEOUS!!! Your husband is a fool! : )

Anonymous said...

I am soo happy for you Dorn!<jumping for joy> I like that shirt too! You have the most gorgeous hair!! Great pic. Have a terrific weekend.
Missy

Anonymous said...

Yay, I'm happy your fave blouse fits, and judging by the picture the buttons will not be flying off any time soon :0)
http://journals.aol.com/bigred3392/steppingstonesandcoffee

Anonymous said...

Dorn, you are so beautiful!

Lahoma

Anonymous said...

I think that your husband must need glasses- a good knock in the head may help his eyesight if not it will still feel good to you!You are glowing in this picture and you look so happy,I hope things are going better for you.

Anonymous said...

Good for you. It's always nice when something that use to fit , and now fits again. That doesn't happen much here, but it's nice when it does.
R.C.

Anonymous said...

Is this you now? or like..YEAARRS ago?? Btw..Becca looks so much like you in this pic its crazy, she's a cutie