Saturday, June 12, 2004

LIFE AFTER THE PITY PARTY

Spent the day doing dishes.  I found something floating in the dishwater, lifeless and waterlogged, its wings limp and translucent.  I am hopping that it was just a moth and not the Dirty Dish Fairy.  Not quite sure, I guiltily flushed it down the toilet before anyone else saw.

The children are oddly agreeable today. No fights or conflicts to report.  My husband went out and bought some icecream so that we could have rootbeer floats WITH icecream.  Becca still insists that her icecreamless float is almost as good as the real thing.  I still think she was dropped on her head as a baby but I still love her.

My husband was napping earlier on the couch, goodness knows it must be hard work riding dirtbikes all day.  I personally wouldn't know being as I was banished to the kitchen doing dishes all day (thanks for nothing little miss Dirty Dish Fairy... maybe next time you'll learn to do the dog paddle!) I guess a dirty sock woke him up cos he grabbed a sock and held it up demanding to know who's it was.  Sniff it, I told him, everyone has a distinct foot odor, like a finger print.  You can tell whose sock it is just by comparing the odor of the sock with each persons foot.  He just gave me 'that look' and had one of the kids throw the sock away.  He thinks I'm kidding, I'm not.  I can tell you right now that his feet smell like balsamic vinegar.  Mine, like my farts, smell like roses.  Pink roses.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better.

AND I hope you got rid of those socks!

angie

Anonymous said...

My farts smell like gardenia blossoms.

Anonymous said...

I still would like to do the dishes for you......like way back then.....
Doris

Anonymous said...

Oh, he is going to be so mad when he finds the mate to that sock and you remind him he threw the other one away!  lol

I read somewhere that women don't fart, nope we "candy".  LOL

Kathy

Anonymous said...

hehehehehehe C

Anonymous said...

I have always told my husband that if I do fart it would smell like roses too.And now my 4 yr old tells him that her farts smell like "women roses" too.