Thursday, June 3, 2004

Updating Journal for Dummies

My journal is being featured this week as part of a Father's Day Feature - probably because I make fun of my husband a lot.  And I'll probably get in trouble with him once he discovers my journal but thats okay, for a week I am FAMOUS!  (kind of, sort of).  I didn't get a number, but I did get my picture on the welcome screen.  Didn't think they'd make it so big, makes my nose look even bigger than it is.  You can almost see up my nostrils... please don't look, I didn't mow them before the picture was taken. 

So anyhow, in celebration of my feature,  I am making some upgrades to my journal.  These are inter-active upgrades so you will have to follow the instructions I give to benefit from the application.  First of all, in order to spruce up my journal, kind of give it a flashy facelift with the little blinkies that are so popular with the other journals, I am adding some of my own.  Here is where the 'inter-active' part comes in.  When ever you see a little asterik, like this  *  , just blink your eyes several times in succession.  The more you blink, the faster the blinkie!  Try it now:

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

If you did it properly you should have seen a blinking row of twinkly stars.  Got it?  Good.  Now I'll add some color.... and.... blink! blink! blink!

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * 

Next I will add some background music.  Scroll back up to *the top of the message.  Under the heading there should be a song title * and the artist that performs it.  In this case it is 'How Do You Like Me Now' by Toby Keith.  Go to AOL Music on the toolbar and click on it.  Find the country section and select TobyKeith, and then the song title.  Crank it up and continue reading the message.  *       *

Through the marvels of modern technology I am now able to provide you with a unique interactive online  * experience.  I *hope you have enjoyed your visit here at my journal.  To my new found friends, thank you  for the support and encouragement you * have given me.  To those who made fun of my name, or made insinuations as to whether or not I have* a life, all I can say is....   (crank up the chorus now)   "How Do You Like Me Now?!"  *

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the way you went all techno on this entry.  the blinkie is great.  i will have to try it sometime.  Do you have a link for the Father's DAy Feature?

Kathy

Anonymous said...

See, even I can do the whole blinky thing without upgrading it to my FTPspace and then trying to figure out how to get in on my journal.  Genius I tell ya!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I got on the AOL Journals pick, and they used Ben Wallace instead of my picture. If you aren't into the NBA, Ben Wallace is this big scary giant guy with an afro that you could hide Jessica Simpson in. While my picture wasn't STUNNING, I think I'm cuter then Ben Wallace.

Anonymous said...

This is too funny!! I was rolling when I saw the part about the blinking lights. You are so hillarious. Where you get this stuff? lol
Missy

Anonymous said...

LOL I luv your sense of humor. Congrats on getting featured!

http://edit.journals.aol.com/fuzzypanda68/ItsmyLife

Anonymous said...

You are to MUCH! I enjoy your journal! I am adding it as a link into mine so my friends can read it too! I too was a military brat and was going to live in the Rockies! Must have been that Summer Rain by Johnny Rivers effects on teens! Ha! Thanks again and congrats! Terri
Http://journals.aol.com/tjexpressions/DailyRoundTrips/

Anonymous said...

Congrats!
You are too much! Very funny! How do you think of all this? Have a great weekend! God bless, Beckie

Anonymous said...

your journal is so funny. and the "things not to do" list had me laughing to hard, that i couldn't even answer the phone. well i did answer it but no real words came out of my mouth.

Anonymous said...

:::::::::laughing hysterically::::::::::
OMG!!!!!!!!  You are such the trip on the wrong side of the road...I just love your journal.... Thanks for the belly-laugh, D, as usual----  Cheers! <clink> christie

Anonymous said...

p/s-CONGRATS ON YOUR FEATURE...you SO deserve it! christie

Anonymous said...

lol..... great entry!

Anonymous said...

Well, your a star now. May I please have your autograph LOL!
Thanks for the laugh,  I did blink my eyes it works it really works LOL!
I added you to my favorites cause I love to laugh and smile.
Have a good day!
Smile :)!
    "P"

Anonymous said...

I really think you missed your calling.  As a stand-up comedian, you would become famous(outside of AOL, of course) over night.  I would love to know you in person; you make me laugh out loud.  Thanks for that.

Anne
http://members.aol.com/jadeawd/mutteringsandmuings

Anonymous said...

Congrats on making it bigtime. I can now say "I knew her when". WTG !!

Anonymous said...

OMG, I'm dying laughing.  The interactive blinkies!  Toooo funny!  priceless.

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I saw your post on the message board about adding audio to your journal.
This is just too, too funny!!
Thanks for brightening up my day and congratulations on being a featured journalist!
Loretta

http://journals.aol.com/lrttklly/LupusLeftovers

Anonymous said...

Just so u know im in the middle of reading ur ENTIRE journal and its...2:20 in the morning right now, i dont even remember when i started but it was hours ago..so i would say u def deserve SOMETHING for this, congrats..and the blinky stuff really DOES work! lol..thats an awesome idea

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!  You crack me up!!  I have a tough time with blinkies too.... LOL
Give me water, waterfalls, but not blinkies.  LOL
d
http://journals.aol.com/nightmaremom/Thisandthatandhockey/