Monday, June 21, 2004

PHRASE OF THE DAY

Today's Phrase of the Day is:

"Just because you can doesn't mean that you should."

For example:

Just because you can jump off the roof doesn't mean that you should. (when son twisted ankle a few summers ago using a homemade parachute)

Just because you can drink a pint of creamer doesn't mean that you should. (when daughter drank a whole container of Irish Cream coffee creamer and had the runs for 2 days).

Just because you can eat two dozen hotwings doesn't mean that you should.  (Told to son through bathroom door as he sat on the pot crying)

Just because you can climb a tree doesn't mean that you should. (shouted up to daughter stuck at top of 25 foot pine tree in front yard).

Just because you can drink 2 bottles of MD 20/20 doesn't mean that you should.  (remember that one?  That was my husband to me).

Just because you can regergitate at will doesn't mean that you should. (one of my son's has an unusual talent that kids pay to witness!)

Just because you can eat bugs doesn't mean that you should! (Told to Rocky after a survival demonstration for the neighborhood kids in the front yard)

Just because you can stick your head in something doesn't mean you should! (told to son while trying to figure out how to get head out from between rungs in a chair)

As you can see that phrase is used a lot in this house.  I have so many more examples but alas, I must get ready for work.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...something to look forward to. I have 1 boy...only 2 years old. Give me another year or so. LOL  -B

Anonymous said...

LMAO! every time I read your journal, I bust out laughing.." told to son through bathroom door as he sat on the pot crying"  LOL!

Anonymous said...

LMAO!! I could only begin to imagine what it is like living at your house! Never a dull moment, huh?
Missy

Anonymous said...

Were we twin sisters in a previous life??

Anonymous said...

hehehehehehehe
and dorn....MD 20/20? WHY would you do that to yourself....and how long were you outta commission. hehehe
this one cracked me up. c

Anonymous said...

Fantabulous entry and quite funny :-) Since I just started a job at a day care center, I think this phrase will come in PLENTY handy with the kiddies.
http://journals.aol.com/bigred3392/steppingstonesandcoffee