Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Aghhhhh! KIDS!

My daughter made some Tang orange drink in a pitcher yesterday, so when I opened the frige this morning and saw the pitcher in there I was very happy!  Nice cold, refreshing Tang, breakfast of the astronauts!  I grabbed the pitcher and hauled it out.  Wait a minute... somethings not right!  The stinking pitcher was EMPTY!  Now who would empty out the pitcher and then put it back in the frige... EMPTY!  I'd say they were lazy, but it would have taken more effort to put the pitcher back into the frige than to just set it on the counter!  And get this... the carton of milk was left on the table.... FULL!  Thats it, I'm home schooling!  These kids are learning nothing at school!

No... wait.... kids at home 24/7.... Scary!  Thats it, no more Tang or milk for them! Dear Lord, grant me patience... one down, four to go.  One down, four to go!  I wonder if the army is looking for some mini-recruits... Yes, I know 10, 13, 15 and 17 are a bit young, but they're potty trained (sort of, we're still working on the flushing).  Oh heck, maybe I'll just enlist myself.  I'm sure Uncle Sam could use an over-weight middle-aged recruit who can't run without taking a potty break every 50 yards, and America will sleep in peace knowing that I'm guarding the frontlines tonight! 

Think I'll just dump a box of Calgon into the hottub instead.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish that damn calgon box took me away.....to Aruba that is! lol

Anonymous said...

Thanks for my morning laugh. You are so funny.
Kids are wonderful aren't they.
Yep, know the feeling,Calgon take me away !
R.C.

Anonymous said...

LOLOLOLOLOL OMG EVERYTIME I COME HERE I LAUGH. EVERY BIT OF IT WAS FUNNY. I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!

Anonymous said...

Thats a pet peeve of mine, empty containers in the refrigerator. It happens all the time here. LOL  Too bad I am never the one who gets the last of the kool-aid. I just get to wash the emty pitchers. LOL, God Bless

Anonymous said...

CALGON TAKE HER AWAY!!!!!

At least your kids have the excuse of being kids when it comes to leaving the milk out.  Lester has done it three days in a row now.  Luckily I walk around behind to put it up.
Tomorrow, if he leaves it out again, I WILL NOT PUT IT UP until I'm certain that it's spoiled... then I'll put it back and let him have it the next day... maybe that will cure him... or kill him... we'll see.

angie

Anonymous said...

Full carton of milk on the table and empty pitcher in the fridge.........isnt' that the way it's supposed to be?  I know my kids think so!  LOL
~jerseygirl

Anonymous said...

Lol! I agree. Whats going on with kids theses days? My kids do the same thing. Have a good evening. God bless, Beckie

Anonymous said...

I'm finally caught up! yaaayyy for meee!! :)

Anonymous said...

7:05 is my favorite moment Mon thru Fri. That is when Rain leaves for school. Yesterday, after a tantrum, yes 16 yr old girls are not beyond tantrums, they just don't hold their breath and throw theirselves on the floor, I told her, " Go to school! Your safer there!" I am such a good mother!

Anonymous said...

Home school? Oh no my friend...it takes an extremely strong willed Mom to home school...my kids pushed me around like a limp noddle.  It's very scary...summers off were challenging to say the least...kids can hone in on a weak will in a New York minute!..LOL....Sandi

Anonymous said...

I respectfully disagree. I'm not strong willed and my kids have never been in school. You just need to be able to laugh and relax. I think you'd do great!