Monday, September 6, 2004

When it rains, it floods!

Big Red is comatose but thats okay because we have a little Toyota pickup and the Bonneville, right?  WRONG!  We took the two vehicles to our friend's property down south in a cactus patch and wouldn't you know, we 'bout killed both of those things too!  The truck got a flat and the Bonneville blew its thermostat or something like that.  At any rate we are now a one vehicle family.... man, that sucks!  My husband keeps hinting about a new truck, maybe a crewcab or Suburban... but it just makes me sick... I want Big Red!  I don't care what he drives, I just want my truck back.  She's so pretty and shiney, I've got 4 white feathers decorating her, 2 on the rear window and one on each of the front quarter panel.... nothing fancy, but real classy.  You'd pick her out in a crowded parking lot and say... thats a classy truck... yep.  Thats my Big Red!

Work sucked today also.  Labor Day huh?  Well, no doubt I labored today!  Its nice to finally be home.  Of course there are two vehicles lying around like bodies in the morgue... Depressing!  I'm glad my husband is somewhat proficient when it comes to auto mechanics.  He didn't always use to be, but I've long since forgiven him for the Mustang.  And hopefully all of the kids will follow in his footsteps.  Its handy now with so many things going wrong with the trucks and car.  When it rains it pours, or in my case... it floods!  But the best part is... at least we have one working vehicle, right?  And with the right parts and a good meal Steve might even get the Bonneville back on the road tonight.  I'm not going to nag about Big Red, she needs major surgery and I want him to get it right.  Can't bear the thought of pulling the plug on her now, not after all we've been through.

Oh my GOSH!  This is pathetic!  Guys are supposed to whine over their trucks, not women!  I should be happy to trade it in for a nice mini van or zippy sedan.  Goodness knows I do believe I could get anything I asked for... except for Big Red.  Oh man, I don't want to lose her.  Where's the Truck Fairy Godmother?  I've been good, I haven't gotten a speeding ticket in 4 months... please oh please oh please.... One more chance, and I promise, I 'll check her oil every 4 months, and I make sure she has lots of water, I'll wash her at least once a month, I'll feed her mid-grade, I won't run her in over-drive ... Just let me keep her.  She really is a wonderful truck.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

isn't that always the way..one vehicle goes down and the rest follow suit?  It's like..an epidemic, every time.  hope it gets better soon!

Anonymous said...

That's the way it goes , when it rains it pours. I'm sorry about the truck. Hopefully your husband will get the car going. Everything will work out the way it's suppose to, it always does.
Have a great day.
R.C.

Anonymous said...

HAVE FAITH, STEVE ISNT GONNA WANT TO LISTEN TO YA MUCH LONGER DORN. THATS THE WAY IT IS HERE ANYWAYS. IF I CARRY ON LONG ENOUGH, IT GETS DONE. BUT I AM WITH YOU ABOUT GIVING HIM TIME TO PUT BIG RED BACK TOGETHER AGAIN THE RIGHT WAY.
HEY, THOSE FEATHERS DO SOUND COOL. THINK I COULD COPY THAT IDEA?? LOL!!! JUST KIDDIN'!!
KIM.

Anonymous said...

Hey now!  Women are allowed to whine over trucks.  I always get a little sad when moving out of a truck.  I have this ritual where I have to say a little something to them after I've made my last run through to see if I have all of my stuff.  Then I have to give them a little hug around the steering wheel or the hood.  I've even shed a tear or two over some of the ones I spent the most time and and got the most attached to.

I don't think it's silly at all to love Big Red.  

Sammie  :)
http://journals.aol.com/ladydriversammie/MovinOn