Saturday, September 4, 2004

POOR BIG RED

Big Red is the name I have for my pick-up truck.  I love my truck, and she is sick.  Don't know what happened on the way back from Denver but she just isn't herself anymore.  There was a puddle of radiator fluid underneath her on the driveway the next day.  I've blown something, and the thermostat is probably fried.  I had all of my guys working on her, changing sparkplugs, changing oil, adding fluid.  I paced in the background like a nervous next of kin... She's running, but barely.  My husband asked if I wanted a new truck... I mean a NEW truck.  No, I want my Big Red!

9 more days until my birthday (hint, hint!  Virtual gifts may be sent to me at dornbrau@aol.com).  As you may recall I've already gotten my present... the Corona parrot.. but I still get the dinner on the town.  Normally my husband takes me to the Macaroni Grill, which is our favorite restaurant (I'm partial to the lobster ravioli with asparagus), but this time I've selected Ai Sushi Restaurant.  They do that fancy schmancy tabletop cooking right there in front of you... that is of course IF you order your fish cooked.  I love raw fish, or sashimi and plan on really pigging out on it.  The difference between Chinese food and Japanese food is that Chinese food fills you up quickly but then you get hungry later on.  With Japanese food, they serve you teenie tiny portions that don't fill you up, but cost so much that you can afford more and you are still hungry when you leave.  The bad thing about knowing how to prepare your own Japanese food is that you can cook as much as you want, eat as much as you want, you never get full so you just KEEP ON eatting, and you get fat like me!  Oh well, at least its fat from healthy food!  On a related note, it was pointed out that if I drink my Corona with a lime, I am getting vitamins from the citrus, and there for my beer is healthy as well.  (Thanks Jerseygirl).  So you see, if you do your research it is possible to eat and drink healthy and still enjoy yourself!  Now, if you'll excuse me I'm off to enjoy a nice high-carb, low fat elk steak dinner at a friend's place, with maybe one or two Vitamin C enriched beers.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope big red is doing better! Bummer. Have a good dinner! god bless, Beckie

Anonymous said...

Go for the new truck! NEW truck! Make it "Big Red II" in Big Red's memory. ;-)

I had sashimi last night! Yummy! Nice to have a toddler who likes tofu too...I pick it all out of my miso and feed it to him. Works out very nicely. LOL And Happy Birthday!
-B

Anonymous said...

If your hubby is offering...........take it..........make it a red one........and name it BigRed Jr.......and celebrate the new truck with a bottle of VitaminC enriched Corona!  LOL
you are too much!
Happy Early Birthday...........your virtual $100 is in the virtual mail.....LOL
~jerseygirl  

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your truck ... my car just recently broke down on me, and was out of service for a few days.

Kasey

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your truck, I know how you feel, sometimes we get attatched to our car's or trucks.
Have a great dinner, drink a couple vitamin C enriched beers for me.
R.C.

Anonymous said...

I knew I clicked with ya for a good reason.....Trucks, Japanese food and Carona with lime! My kinda Buddy!!  Every have the yolk sauce on the shrimp and the lobster tail....its to DIE for!  I'll say a prayer for big red tonight too! lol

Anonymous said...

hmmmm....sushi....sashimi....i'm hungry now.  -=(

Anonymous said...

THATS A NICE TRUCK. NO WONDER ITS YOUR BABY. I AM THE SAME WAY IN THAT I WOULDNT REALLY WANT A NEW TRUCK EITHER, I LOVE MY OLD SUV. IT DIDNT USED TO BE THAT WAY THOUGH...IF JIM HAD OFFERED TO BUY ME A NEW TRUCK TEN YEARS AGO, I WOULD HAVE SAID, "ARE WE THERE YET"????? LOL!!
HOPE YOUR BIRTHDAY IS THE BEST EVER!!
KIM.    

Anonymous said...

Awww, poor truck!  I bet that long drive was just more than it wanted to do.  I feel bad for it being sick...of course I have more of a soft spot for vehicles than most, lol.

Sammie :)
http://journals.aol.com/ladydriversammie/MovinOn