Thursday, September 9, 2004

SO MUCH LIKE ME ITS SCARY!

I think I had an argument with an Oompa Loompa, but I'm not sure.  I think I won the argument, but I'm not too sure of that either.  Rocky left finally and grudgingly went to bed but I am still stressed out.  Its not like she was talking back, it was just a lot of 'but Mom's.  Drives me nuts!  As of tonight I'm changing my name to Dad.  They never whine 'but Dad!'.  NEVER!

Rocky has 3 tests tomorrow and doesn't want to go to school in the morning.  She is in the 5th grade.  How hard can 5th grade tests be?  Okay, forget I asked that... I've seen her math and I have trouble with some of the problems myself... Anyhow, so here's this little microscopic version of myself asking me "How much seafood does a person have to eat to get sick by morning?", and "Can't you call in to work tomorrow and tell them that I'm sick so you have to stay home?" 
"But you're not sick Rocky." I pointed out.
"I will be after I eat all that seafood" she insists.

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless her heart. I once ate a lot of dross stuff so I would puke and miss school.

Anonymous said...

OMG, my 5th grader does this also.  I am going to take Nyquil so I throwup and don't have to go to school in the morning.  Today she was talking about falling and hurting herself so she wouldn't have to do homework.  Maybe she's not in need of psychiatric care and it's a 5th grade thing?  

Anonymous said...

LOL - I like the way the kid thinks! Ya..the "but mom" thing gets to you after a while. : )

Anonymous said...

Kids say the darndest things. I hope she does well on the test. And yes they will drive you crazy with there But Mom's. I think that's in their job discruption. lol
Have a great day.
R.C.

Anonymous said...

DO YOU EVER REFER TO ROCKY AS "MINI-ME"? SHE SOUNDS LIKE SHE IS JUST LIKE YOU DORN, BUT HOW NEAT SHE SEEMS TO BE!! SHE IS SOMETHING ELSE FOR ASKING YOU HOW MUCH SEAFOOD IT WOULD TAKE TO GET HER SICK. TOO FUNNY!!!
KIM.

Anonymous said...

awwwwww, Poor Rocky.....all stressed out at such a young age.........I get the 'but Mom' thing all the time too.......and you are right.........they never, never, never day 'but dad'.........sheesh
~jerseygirl

Anonymous said...

i know its stressfull as i have three children that love that game expessally my soon to be twelve year old and even with downs can get the sick routine down to a tee!!!!it is very stressfull to try to get thru it expecally when you are always trying to figure out are they relly sick or can they do a wonderfull imitation lol
but as you dont see because mothers never see the humor in what children say as they are trying to get away with things it is quite comical the way they go about things to get there way ..dont get me wrong i have no humor for my children pulling the sick routine but i thought bit was actully funny she was going to see how much sea food she could eat to be sick and was so honest about it ..as for me i still play the guessing game and also after the fact have them tell me oh i just lied a little bit lol
good luck ..teenage years are a comming ....have a great weekend  

Anonymous said...

succulent oompa loompa wisdom...

Anonymous said...

Hey here's one for you...I always told my kids that I was gonna change my name to "shit" and the first one I caught swearing was gonna clean the yard....