Monday, September 13, 2004

SWORN IN....

Gabe was sworn in today.  He will be a Something-or-other Delta in the Army, basically what that means is that they will be training him for war.  My heart is soooo confused.  It hurts and yet it is proud.  He is to report to Fort Whats-it on October 13.  The other kids haven't mentioned who gets his room which has been a major topic these past few weeks.  Now they're discussing how they want to save cake for him, and do this and do that with him and for him before he leaves.  I love my kids.  They drive me crazy, but I just love them because they have such beautiful little caring hearts .... when they're not fussing and fighting with each other.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh that is a hard thing to go through. My husband is in the Navy, and it didn't work for me. It to me does seem to get easier as he gets higher in rank etc. Well i'll Pray for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

I admire your son for what he is doing. I know you are very proud of him, yet worried. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. Keep us updated on how things are going.
R.C.