Tuesday, September 14, 2004

HOMEWORK HO-HUMS and pinch patterns.

Becca is working on her homework.  'Whats that?' I ask... 'Mitosis' she says.  'Oh my gosh, put it down and wash your hands!' I yell... 'I think I read somewhere on AOL that it was contagious and incureable!'

'No no no' all the kids laugh,  'Thats what you call it when cells divide!'

Well, look what happened when they split the atom!  Oh no, I'll have none of that mitosis stuff going on in my house.  Especially now that its clean!

I feel so sorry for my kids because I am so useless to them when it comes to doing homework.  I can cook, I can sew, I can hunt, I make things with my hands.  I can spin a great yarn, but when it comes to math and science I'm a total goon.

Today was such a wonderfully lazy day, nothing to do.  Well, I guess I could have done the laundry, but what fun would that be?  I just lazed around, eatting left over sushi and tirimisu (note to self: next time don't eat fish and tirimisu together).  I soaked in the hot tub in the middle of the afternoon, had a Japanese tea party with Rocky, with tea and imitation crablegs.  (I made certain she did not eat enough to make her sick by morning). 

I used the kids bathroom today.  As usual their toilet paper was not on the holder.  In fact, there wasn't even a tube in the roll, just paper... a limp collapsed pile of toilet paper minus the inner cardboard tube.  How do they do that?  Why do they do that?  I'm sure it took longer to wiggle that tube out of the roll than it would have taken to put the roll in the holder.  Ay yay yay!

My son sent me a link to a story on AOL news about some kid who got arrested for clogging a toilet after his friend got stopped by police for underage drinking.AOL News - Student Charged for Clogging Toilet  They charged him criminal mischief.  I'll have to remember that the next time one of my little lumber jacks drops a log in the toilet and plugs it up.  I'll just threaten to call the police if they don't clear the clog up themselves.  I have them believing that there is a way to identify the creator of these by-products, I told them its like finger printing... only different!  Everyone has their own unique pinch pattern. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean, I'm glad I don't have to help anyone with home work, I'm not very good at  that kind of thing.
Have a great day.
R.C.

Anonymous said...

pinch pattern????

ROFL

Anonymous said...

LMAO & GROSS! ; )

Anonymous said...

Again your entries always make me "LOL"

Anonymous said...

yuck, i hated school..and WHAT in the world..getting arrested for dropin kids off at the pool???..that is just retarded! lol..and i just LOVED his statement, hahaha.

Anonymous said...

this is the first time I have visited your journal,finding it toataly hilarious."pinch pattern?"that is very gross but has me roflmbo.good luck potty training these teens (lol)