Monday, September 13, 2004

THE FAR SIDE OF THE HILL

First and foremost I want to thank everyone who sent birthday wishes my way.  I was feeling so good from them that I didn't have time to be depressed about getting old.  I still had to work, but my husband picked me up afterwards and took me straight to dinner at the Sushi restaurant.  Oh My Gosh!  I pigged out!  I started out with oysters... fried, not raw (Steve slurped his down raw... ewwwww!), then I had 4 different types of sashimi (raw fish) and 4 different types of sushi, all with raw fish or shrimp.  Sounds gross perhaps but it was magnificent!  I sipped green tea with my meal, it was perfect!

The kids were waiting with a surprise of their own.  They had cleaned the house while we were out to dinner!  The table was cleared off, and oh my goodness, the dishes were done!  Art showed me his dishpan hands, proof that he was the one responsible.  But there was more, with the help of their dad they had purchased a Japanese tea set for me.  It was absolutely exquisite!  I've wanted one ever since I was a little girl and finally I have one.  And Steve had sneaked a cake in for me, my favorite... Tirimisu.  We didn't have any birthday candles so the kids stuck a 12 inch Christmas taper in it.  I made a wish... for the gorgeous blue Dodge Ram pick-up that Steve and I had looked at on our way home.  Its got a Hemi!

Did I once say that Starbucks was foofy and wasn't real coffee?  I take that back (sorry Bigred).  Starbucks now makes a coffee liqueur and I swear its better than Kahlua, its not as sweet and thick.  What a wonderful new way to enjoy my old favorite.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOOOOOOPS, HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY.  DID I MAKE UP FOR NOT SENDING PRESENTS OR MONEY???  BY THE WAY, THAT DRINK SOUNDS SOOOOOOOOOOO MARVELOUS.  I WAS ESPECIALLY SHOCKED TO SEE THAT THE DISHES WERE DONE......BY SOMEONE OTHER THAN YOURSELF.  CONGRATS.......YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO NEXT YEAR..........WOOO HOOOO.  BLESSINGS, REGINA
http://journals.aol.com/wumzels2/SEDUCTIONOFLIFE

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great birthday Dorn. Hope you get your wish!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!  I would sing, but I'd probably crack your monitor.  Sounds like you had a grand time...now I'm hungry.  Gosh darn it! :::reminder: eat before reading this journal::: -=)

I gotta go try that Starbucks Liquer...sounds yummy.  

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday and can I say "YUMMMMY" on the Tirimisu! its my fav too!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a good day. Did you cry when you saw what the kids did with the house ? I know I would have. The coffee drink sounds yummy.
Have a great day.
R.C.

Anonymous said...

ah, tiramisu!  girl, you birthdayed in style!  i'm glad your day was special. :-)