Tuesday, September 28, 2004

A DATE WITH MY BOY and cat shat.

I just got home from a belated birthday lunch with my boy Gabe... to find a cat taking a squat in my yard!  Come on cat... thats why I don't have cats or dogs... so I don't have to worry about little piles all over the yard.  So I'm yelling at this cat while its dropping its load, and its just looking over its shoulder at me as if to say... 'excuse me, a little privacy please?'.  Gabe thinks I'm crazy to be yelling at this crapping cat, I know, because he said "Mom, you're crazy".  But the cat knows its wrong, and it tries to cover the evidence, except its watching me, because I'm still yelling at it, and its not even getting the dirt on the plop.  Now I'm yelling at the cat because it's missing the target... and it actually looks down to where I'm pointing at, makes the adjustment and covers the mess.  He gets up and walks slowly away, waving his furry tail at me.  I know what he's thinking... 'Crazy human... I just shat in her yard!  Meow hahahaha!'.  Dang cat!

The dust bunny war is in full swing here at the house.  My two girls are bombarding me with pictures of dust bunnies.  There are actually more drawing then there are actual dust bunnies now.  I'm afraid to say I like any of them because then I set myself up for interrogation:  Which dust bunny do I like the best?  Which one is prettier?  Which one is the cutest?  Who's dust bunny is the most original?  I am in dust bunny hell!  One day these two little girls are going to make some men very unhappy, and all I can say is.... hey, I just gave birth to them!

Last night we had chicken nuggets for a quick dinner.  Not tender strips of chicken breast meat, but chopped, pressed and formed pieces of spongy chicken by-products... who knows, maybe they really are chicken nuggets... I don't know.  I just know that now I remember why I don't like them.  Why do I buy them?  I think its because they always look so good on the front of the package, but when you actually get them in front of you on  a plate... mmmmmm.  Well, its never a good sign when the kids look at their plate and still ask 'whats for dinner?'.  Today is my day off so I'll try to make it up to them and cook some real food.

So any how, back to my lunchdate, he took me back to the sushi restaurant, which is now one of my favorites... and I ate a huge dish of rice and raw fish.  Gabe had sushi and teriyaki beef on rice.  We had a real fun conversation, like in the old days when we would go to lunch together all the time.  I'm going to miss him, but I'm so glad that he's so excited about the goals he's set for himself.  Tonight is his last night at the boobie bar, then he has 2 weeks to get in shape for boot camp.  That means no smoking, less eatting, more exercise, and learning how to sleep during the night again.  2 weeks... dang, thats not a long time before he leaves.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEING A CAT LOVER, I UM, HAVE TO AGREE WITH GABE.......<SMILES>

HEY, DUST BUNNY HELL IS NOT SUCH A BAD PLACE TO BE........... COULD BE CAT PLOP HELL!!!!!  

AS FOR THE "CHICKEN" NUGGETS, DID YOU KNOW THEY AIRBRUSH THE PICTURES OF FOOD BEFORE IT GOES ON THE COVER OF A BOX OR ON A COMMERCIAL?  YEP, THEY EITHER HAND TOUCH UP THE FOOD WITH PAINT, OR AIRBRUSH IT.......SOMETIMES THEY JUST RETOUCH THE PHOTOGRAPH.  PROBABLY TASTES BETTER AFTER THE PAINT IS ADDED, LOL.

THANKS FOR MORE LAUGHS, DORN.

BLESSINGS, REGINA
http://journals.aol.com/wumzels2/SEDUCTIONOFLIFE

Anonymous said...

I've never gotten into Sushi, even though my husband brings home the freshest sushi around....I still must cook it....well,  I guess Gabe will miss the Boobie bar, but good for him that he has goals....I'm sure you'll miss him though.....

~jerseygirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

Anonymous said...

Our 2nd son(neighbor & my sons Best Friend) is in boot camp as we speak, ok type. I have been worried sick. But he has been calling, and he is always excited! He tells me how hard it is but then says, "that's ok I am having fun!" We are talking about a kid who has been sheltered from alot, not very mature,not much support at his own home, no self confidence, and small for his age. But with every call, I hear his voice get deeper, his attitude mature, his self confidence explode! I cry after every call! It is amazing how it happens! I am so glad you got to have that lunch. I am sure that your son will think of that many times throughout his life and smile. Not to mention it will probably be jarred from his memory everytime he sees a poopin cat!!!

Anonymous said...

Aw, thats good that u guys have such a good relationship:)

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for his safety, My little brother leaves for his boot camp in December.

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for his safety, My little brother leaves for his boot camp in December.